These past few weeks I have been in the process of getting addresses, stuffing, licking, and sending envelopes. I know what so many people are thinking and NO I am not engaged. I am raising support to start work in Bolivia. This whole process has been truly humbling. I started out so hesitant and almost felt GUILTY for asking people for money. I turned to a few verses to ease my worries and to see the true meaning of biblically raising support. There is so much evidence in the bible that those proclaiming the Gospel should seek financial support from the body of Christ. I prayed over each envelope that I prepared to send out and as I did I was overcome with this feeling of exactly how blessed I am to have all these people in my life. Whether the letters reach them and they feel called to send money or prayer I could ask for no more!
In the letter I included the address to THIS blog. For those supporting me I want them to know how I am doing and to see how much their prayer is helping me. I will be sending out perdiodical updates on life in Bolivia (and still things leading up to the moment of the move). I still have about 85 days before I leave the United States. Before then I have a ton and a half to do.
As most people know by now I don’t really have a way with words… I do science. I’ve never been very good at expressing feelings in speaking or writing, but I will do my best to thoughtfully inform those back home.
For anyone still wondering how to support me financially:
* Go to www.nics.org/donate (or www.oasisis.org/donate). Choose Donate Now.
* Choose frequency of donation. Donors interested in a monthly recurring gift should choose “Monthly.”
* For Designation, choose “Staff Support.”
* A box will pop up that says “Staff Name or Project Number.” Type in Emma Small, project #003876.
* Type in the amount to give monthly, along with any comments.
* Complete the billing information. Donors can use either a debit/credit card or a checking account.
* Complete the donation information.
* Complete the information and select “Preview.” Review the donation and process.